Did you know that each year, around 50 children fall from windows or balconies in Australia? Many suffer serious injuries. Sometimes these falls are even fatal.
To counter this, amendments to the Strata Schemes Management Act 1996 (NSW) were passed into law, stipulating that strata-managed residential buildings are required to fit certain windows with safety devices for restricting openings to 12.5cm. The owners corporation is responsible (and therefore liable for fines if compliance is not met by the 2018 deadline) for ensuring these requirements are met.
By the 13th of March 2018, owners corporations in NSW must have window safety devices installed on all above ground windows, by law.
The laws apply to openable windows where the internal floor is more than 2m above the ground surface outside and within a child’s reach (less than 1.7m above the inside floor).
You can now easily comply with these regulations with the new Jura Window Restrictor.
Residents will still be able to open their windows, however, they will have the security of knowing that when the devices are engaged, children will be protected.
- 20cm cable, providing 10-15cm opening distance depending on install
- Device can only be locked into place or unlocked with the key
- Exceeds the strength requirements of EN 16281
- Suitable for every type of opening window or door. Can be fitted to all materials
- White Plastic cover for aesthietic appeal
- 1 year mechanical guarantee
- Display packed for retail environment
Contact us on 1300 926 321 if you require any further information.