Zanda's Support for Warpnine
At Zanda we are passionate about giving back to the community and supporting causes that matter to us. That’s why over the past 12 months, we have chosen to donate in excess of $8,000 to WARPNINE and we are pleased to share their mission with our network. WARPNINE was established in 2021 by Dr Andrew Dean, a leading Western Australian Oncologist, who recognized the escalating need for dedicated research, greater awareness, and increased support for people and families impacted by pancreatic, gastro-intestinal and rare cancers. 62% of all cancer deaths are as a result these 3 cancers combined, yet these receive far less funding and attention than other types of cancer. You can join us in making a difference by donating on their website. Together, we can help WARPNINE in this noble cause.
Did you know that;
• Every year, 60,000 Australians are diagnosed with pancreatic, gastro-intestinal and rare cancers, and 62% of all cancer deaths are from these cancers combined?
• Pancreatic cancer is the third leading cause of cancer death in Australia, and stomach cancer has a five-year survival rate of only 37%?
• More Australians die from pancreatic, gastro-intestinal and rare cancers each year than prostate and breast cancers combined
Yet, these cancers receive far less funding and attention than other types of cancer, for example, breast cancer, which (rightly) has massive funding, but also has much higher survivability.
WARPNINE’s objectives are;
- Support future leaders to attract the best and brightest to the field of pancreatic, gastro-intestinal and rare cancer research.
- Raise awareness of pancreatic, gastro-intestinal and rare cancers, and advocate for change to improve inequalities in funding for these malignancies in an effort to support earlier diagnosis and improve patient outcomes.
- Support research that has rapid, clinically meaningful benefit to patients.
- Support revolutionary clinical trials that have direct patient benefit.
- Contribute to the discovery and implementation of innovative and individualised treatments and therapies to treat and reduce cancer recurrence.
- Work to improve best practice in patient care to ensure the needs of patients and their families are met.
We thank Warpnine CEO Meg Croucher for her statement.
“We are honoured and thrilled to have the support of Zanda Architectural and their passionate and enthusiastic team.
We believe that community is power and that we are connected through our shared passion and commitment to fund life-changing clinical trials and projects with the aim of improving outcomes and increasing survival rates for pancreatic, gastro-intestinal and rare cancers.
Together, we are charging at warp speed to find the cancer treatments of the future, today!”