First impressions count.
Your front door is the entrance to your home and you want guests to feel welcomed, impressed and excited to be there.
A stylish or statement entrance pull handle can turn a plain front door into a dramatic expression of your style and make a big impact to the overall impression of the exterior of your home.
Traditionally door handles were just seen as a functioning object and no real style thought was put into them due to them being a necessary component to a home. However, with the help of the internet, we can see ongoing design trends of handles across the globe.
2019 has seen a rise in entrance pull handles to make a visual statement:
- The soft metallic look of brushed nickel
- 316 stainless steel
- Micronised / polished finish
- Matt black finish
- Satin Brass
A few influential factors to consider in the door handle selection process are:
- Comfort – check for handle grip and comfortability. Ensure the handle is easy to use and you should think of others as well, especially if you know you’ll have visitors with mobility issues or those with limited strength and movement in their hands. For extra user comfort, you might like to consider handles that are contoured to suit the shape of the hand for easier grip. Going with pull handles that are compliant with AS.1428 (design for mobility and access, or disabled compliant) is generally a good guide to comfort and ease of use.
- Strength – Is the handle strong, durable and weather proof? Materials like aluminium, stainless steel, chrome and powder-coated steel are ideal for use on exterior doors as they won’t rust or corrode, and they require minimal maintenance.
- Quality – it is important to remember a pull handle will be used often so they need to be tough enough to withstand the amount of use without looking worn. A good guide to the quality is the warranty given to the product.
- Design – you want to make an impact visually by using an attractive and stylish door handle which suits the overall feel and style of the home.
- Functionality – select a handle that suits your requirements and if needed, can provide you with some cool features such as keyless entry.
In today’s market there are numerous of door handles that come in a variety of materials, styles and colours and therefore there is a stylish pull handle to suit a range of budgets and needs.
Seamlessly blending style with quality, Zanda Architectural Hardware entrance pull handles are at the forefront in architectural finesse and form. Features include;
- Most designs compliant with AS.1428 – design for mobility and access
- Minimum of 10 year warranty on all entrance pull handles
- All constructed from 316 marine grade stainless steel or solid brass.
See http://www.zanda.com.au/ for the full range of Zanda Architectural Hardware’s pull handles.